Most real estate professionals know that using simple staging strategies can help make your home more appealing to potential buyers. With these easy selling tips, you’ll discover how to quickly stage your home for the most effective fall selling.
1. Add a few tasteful fall decorations. Don’t go overboard, simply add a warm and welcoming touch to your home with a few well-placed decorative items. A bowl of seasonal fruit or some fall foliage in a vase can be a nice touch this time of year.
2. Get rid of clutter. You don’t have to necessarily dispose of your treasured possessions, but effective staging means getting some of the clutter out of your home. Have you ever looked at a model home? Strive for the minimum so your home looks fresh, clean and more spacious.
3. A fresh coat of paint can be the perfect touch, regardless of the season; however, if you’re selling in the fall, think about using neutral tones, such as warm caramel or cream colors.
4. Consider making your home look more cozy and inviting. Some big pillows and fluffy throws can add a touch of color as well as a feeling of warmth in a bedroom, living room or family room.
5. Many real estate agents use selling tips, such as baking a batch of cookies right before buyers arrive. This can give the home a wonderful nostalgic and welcoming feel. During the fall, try using traditional fall scents, such as cinnamon, ginger or baked apples.
6. Home lighting is important, especially as the days of winter bring less daylight. Use task lighting as well as accent lighting for the perfect ambiance.
7. If you have a fireplace, make sure you make the most of it by making it a focal point. Arrange furniture to play up this feature as much as possible.