With summer here, now is a great time to take advantage of some expert cleaning tips for your home. Whether you’re struggling to keep on top of the kids’ messes or you’re looking for a quick and easy way to keep your home neat and tidy during the active days of summer, we’ve got some great summer tips for homeowners.
1. There’s nothing that will make your home look messier than dirty windows or smudged glass table tops. Make a simple solution by placing 3 tablespoons white vinegar into a spray bottle, fill with water. Use this solution to clean all of your glass surfaces, it cuts grease and costs only pennies. Use old newspapers for a streak free shine.
2. Summer is a wonderful time to enjoy the outdoors, so make sure that your yard is ready for your next BBQ or a leisurely afternoon lounging with a good book. Trim trees and shrubs. Add mulch to landscape beds and give sidewalks a power wash. Real estate professionals have long touted the importance of curb appeal. Even if you aren’t planning to sell, make your home the envy of the neighborhood with a little summer spruce up for your yard.
3. Cut down on dusting this summer by making sure your air conditioning system is clean. Preventative maintenance for your HVAC equipment will include general cleaning as well as replacement of the air filter. You should replace your air filter every 30 to 60 days for a cleaner indoor environment.
4. Keeping bathrooms clean is often a challenge, especially when you have kids washing off dirty feet, changing from their swim clothes or enjoying a cool bath (with their favorite water toys). Wash floors and area rugs frequently, use tile and toilet cleaners for deep cleaning, and make sure any surfaces that get touched frequently are disinfected.
5. No list of summer cleaning tips would be complete without addressing the clutter that comes with the season. Keep storage bins in the garage for swim fins, snorkels and other water gear. Of course, bins are also a great way to organize sporting equipment and garden tools. Colorful baskets can be strategically placed in the kids bedrooms, family room and any area where you want a quick clean up solution.
Keep summer stress free with some quick and easy cleaning tips. With so much to do, you certainly don’t want to spend your days inside cleaning. Minimizing messes and implementing a quick cleaning strategy can help keep you on track.